Our Wine Tasting Tours in Charlottesville, Virginia
Whether you want a leisurely afternoon of wine tasting with your special someone, are planning to shop and fill your wine rack, or just want to figure out what kinds of wine you like so you can order in a restaurant with confidence, Arcady Vineyard Wine Tours has you covered with more than 10 years of touring experience!
More than just transportation, the owners/guides of Arcady Vineyard Wine Tours are ready to take you tasting at three to four wineries and escort you through your tastings. Mid way through the tour you are served a deluxe local cheese, chocolate and fruit plate to enjoy.
Tours pick up downtown Charlottesville any Sunday through Friday. Saturdays are reserved for Arcady Vineyard Bed and Breakfast guests.
Each tour is booked with up to two couples, or up to 6 guests. Arcady Vineyard does not book groups.
Currently two routes are offered:
The Western Tour Route: Tour guides create an itinerary for every tour depending on wines available and weekend versus weekday tours from the following local wineries: Pollak Vineyards, King Family Vineyards, Grace Estate Winery, Stinson Vineyards, Cardinal Point Winery, Afton Mountain Winery, and Veritas Vineyards.
The Southern Route: For this route, itineraries are selected for every tour depending on wines being poured from the following: Michael Shaps Wineworks, First Colony Winery, Trump Winery, Blenheim Vineyards, and a soon-to-open winery owned by local winemaker Gabrielle Rausse.
Our daily tours include:
- Pickup and return to your downtown Charlottesville address, B&B or hotel
- Driver/guide to assist you through your tastings
- Personalized Itinerary & Virginia Wineries Guide
- Chilled bottled water
- Deluxe plate of local cheeses, crackers, artisan chocolates, and fresh fruit
Lunch Package[Read Details…]
Add our beautiful gourmet picnic served Lunch Package, for $20 per person!
The lunch is served at a winery indoors or out, depending on the weather,
using upscale linens, silver, and heirloom china. No box lunches on our
Included is chilled bottled water. Wine may be purchased at the winery.
Lunches include a cheese plate appetizer, hearty sandwich on a home-baked
roll, crunchy kettle chips, and a local freshly baked pastry for dessert.
Sandwich menu for the Western Tour:
- Devon – all-natural Roast Beef with horseradish-chive spread and arugula on focaccia
- Blue Slate – smoked Turkey Breast with havarti cheese, lettuce, tomato and ancho-lime mayonnaise on country bread
- Chester – panini- All-Natural Ham with provolone, spicy sweet mustard and roasted
peppers on focaccia
- Italian – thinly sliced Sopressata and Genoa Salami with provolone, sliced peppers, lettuce and homemade Italian dressing
- Orpington – tuscan grilled chicken salad with mixed greens on sliced country bread
- Landrance – prosciutto and fresh mozzarella on baguette with roasted tomatoes, arugula and garlic vinaigrette(also available as a vegetarian sandwich)
- Melrose – panini -Grilled Portobello Mushrooms and red onions with roasted peppers,
homemade pimento Cheese and arugula
- Riviera – our Italian Tuna salad with capers, roasted tomatoes and olive oil, served with mixed greens on sliced country bread
- Galloway – panini -Pastrami and Swiss with mustard and vinegar slaw on rye bread
Sandwich menu for the Southern Tour:
- Jefferson – maple turkey cranberry, relish cheddar, lettuce, herb mayo, French bread
- Farmington – smoked turkey, bacon, havarti, slaw, lettuce, tomato, herb mayo, French bread
- Rivanna – cajun roast beef, provolone, bacon, onion, lettuce, tomato, BBQ vinaigrette
- Ednam – maple turkey, havarti, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, herb mayo, French bread
- Montpelier – rare roast beef, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, horseradish mayo, French bread
- Belmont – peppered ham, salami, bologna, provolone, hot pepper relish, lettuce, tomato, onions, oregano, vinaigrette, French bread. **VERY SPICY**
- Keswick – Country ham, Swiss, honey mustard, lettuce, tomato, herb mayo
- Earlysville – sweet ham, turkey, smoked Gouda, bacon, lettuce, tomato, herb mayo, sourdough
- Birdwood – cracked pepper turkey, onion, pepper jack, avocado, banana peppers, lettuce, herb mayo, French bread
- Afton – corned beef, Swiss, cole slaw, brown mustard, rye bread
- Crozet – chicken salad, cranberry relish, Dijon mustard, lettuce, sourdough
- Batesville – Cajun roast beef, smoked gouda, lettuce, tomato, onion, brown mustard, horseradish mayo
- Walnut Creek – deli chicken, pepper jack, chipotle mayo, lettuce, tomato, whole grain ciabatta
- Vegetarian:Ivy – carrots, avocado, cucumbers, lettuce, tomato, sprouts, herb mayo, French bread
- Vegetarian:Yogaville – cheddar, havarti, Swiss, sprouts, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, herb mayo, French bread
Birthday Package[Read Details…]
For those who are doing a birthday tour, here is something you can order to make it extra special!
We offer a selection of elegant 6-inch birthday cakes from our FAVORITE bakery, Albemarle Baking Company. We’ll bring the box as well so you can enjoy the remainder as a midnight snack!
The first is the white cake – layers of vanilla sponge with Bavarian cream Cake, iced with a marzipan frosting.
We also offer a chocolate cake – bottom layer of chocolate cake, then a layer of dark chocolate, white chocolate, and milk chocolate mousse, covered with a milk chocolate glaze. The price of this package is $30.
Arcady’s Travelin’ Through Wine Country Package[Read Details…]
Driving through Charlottesville? Make your overnight stop a stay to remember!
Available from Sunday through Thursday.
Package includes: (depending on room selection)
- One night in a deluxe room with complimentary Wine Country Amenities.
- Wine Tour including the deluxe local cheese plate and all expenses except tasting fees
- Full breakfast
$492 – $525 per couple Sunday through Thursday
Arrive at Arcady between 12:15 and 12:30 pm, and we’ll whisk you off for an afternoon of wine tasting in our Monticello Appellation- guaranteed to unwind you from your hours of driving!
Didn’t have time for lunch before you get to Arcady? No problem! We’ll serve you a deluxe cheese/chocolate/fruit platter, or you can pre-order the lunch package, an additional $20 per person served to you on linens and china!
After touring, we’ll check you into your deluxe room where you will enjoy:
- Sparkling wine, bottled water and sodas in your wine fridge all included in room rate
- Spa nook with 2-person whirlpool tub, or sitting room nook
- En-suite bath
- Robes, slippers, iron, hairdryer
- Bose radio/ CD player, TV/DVD
- Fresh flowers
- Our estate-grown amorone-style dessert wine and chocolate turndown
- Snacks in our tasting room
- Full wine country breakfast served at individual tables set for two
Arcady Vineyard Wine Lovers Package[Read Details…]
Enjoy our Wine Country with everything arranged for your comfort, convenience and pleasure! This package includes a two-night stay in a luxury room, an Arcady Vineyard Wine Tasting Tour, and room amenities especially designed for the wine lover! This package is standard for weekend bookings, but can be scheduled during the week as well.
FRIDAY (or day one)
Check-in time is between 4-7pm. If you don’t already have plans, join us for our Social Hour between 5 – 6pm for a glass of local wine and cheese with us in our tasting room, library or back deck.
SATURDAY (or day two)
Next morning after a hearty farm-fresh wine country breakfast served at individual tables, you can relax in your room or our back deck, explore Monticello (2.8 miles away), Michie Tavern, (3.6 miles away) Ashlawn-Highland (4.4 miles away), or work off some energy on the 2-mile hike along the Saunders-Monticello walking trail (3 miles away).
Or enjoy the historic walking mall downtown (6.5 miles away) and visit the 8 blocks of shops and our local Farmer’s Market which runs Saturdays, April through December.
That afternoon we leave around 12:30 – 1pm for your wine tasting tour! We’ll visit 3 wineries, and everything is included but your tasting fees (per local law):
- Driver/Guide to assist you through your tastings
- A deluxe cheese/fruit/chocolate plate
- Bottled water
If you don’t feel like going out to dinner, order from our local Italian restaurant Bella Pizza for delivery at the inn!
SUNDAY (or day three)
This morning we’ll serve you another yummy breakfast and…oh no! It’s Sunday!
You check out at 11am! Phooey….oh well if you must leave then let us help you carry your wine to the car…. Another successful Wine Country Weekend!
Our luxury rooms include:
- King or queen bed
- Fresh flowers
- Sparkling wine, water, and soft drinks in your own wine fridge
- Either a whirlpool tub for 2 or a sitting room nook
- En-suite bath
- TV/DVD, Bose radio/CD player
- Full wine-country fresh breakfast served at individual tables
- Chocolate turndown in the evening of our own estate-grown amorone-style dessert wine and local artisan chocolates
Our Wine Tours include:
- Driver/ guide to escort you through your tastings
- Personalized Itinerary
- Virginia Wineries Guide
- Chilled bottled water
- Cheese plate of specially selected local cheeses, crackers, local artisan chocolates, and fresh fruit.
Arcady Vineyard LLC and Bed and Breakfast, LLC, license # 217, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, provides personalized tours of the area’s best wineries, and accommodations designed for wine lovers. Guests who book accommodations at Arcady enjoy a 10% discount on wine tours.
Wine Lovers Package: $800 – $855 per Couple weekends
Wine Lovers Package: $734 – $800 per Couple weekdays
Arcady Vineyard Wine Tours
1376 Sutlers Road Charlottesville, VA 22902